Create solutions for a healthier community by preparing tomorrow’s patient-centered physicians and scientists and advancing the continuum of medical knowledge, discovery, and osteopathic health care.
In fulfillment of its mission, the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine shall:
- Recruit and support a diverse student body with the academic and humanistic qualifications to become accomplished osteopathic physicians dedicated to patient care and service to their communities;
- Provide a curriculum that is evidence-based and grounded in the learning sciences;
- Offer clinical experiences that prepare its graduates for diverse careers in medical practice;
- Promote scientific discovery through mentored research;
- Create opportunities for postdoctoral education in support of the health care workforce in the State of Texas.
The Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine shall offer the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree with the objectives of:
- Providing learners with a firm foundation in the medical sciences necessary for the acquisition of clinical competence;
- Providing learners with a broad exposure to and engagement in clinical practice that will prepare them for postdoctoral training and independent practice in osteopathic medicine;
- Fostering habits of lifelong learning;
- Promoting humanism in health care delivery and community service.
About the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Dual Degree Programs