The School of Public Health (SPH) Office of Academic Services provides centralized comprehensive services to all students and alumni of the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth (HSC) SPH. These services include guidance related to degree requirements and academic deadlines; assistance with course registration, transfer credit, and advanced standing; scheduling and enrollment for the CPH examination; contract administration for the MPH public health practice experience and MHA internship; notification of school-wide information through the SPH-FYI; professional development workshops; student development activities; and school-funded scholarship opportunities. Representatives from the office also serve as a liaison between other campus offices to ensure students have a successful experience at HSC-SPH.
The faculty and staff in the Office of Academic Services are here to support each student through navigating any issues that may arise during graduate school. We recognize that as a student, you may experience academic difficulties, health concerns, family crises, and stress-related problems, as well as adjusting to the university environment and to living in Fort Worth. Throughout the program, we encourage you to contact us for support if you face any challenges.
You can also count on us for support outside of the classroom. When you publish an article, present at a conference, accept a new job, volunteer in the community, or change jobs, let us know! It is our goal to celebrate those accomplishments with you!
We are here with you every step of the way.
- Our office will monitor your progress weekly in courses through Dropout Detective.
- We will notify your advisors through EIS Advising Notes of any concerns you may have addressed with us in our office excluding any that are confidential in nature.
- We will help you navigate the registration system, the weekly calendar, professional and academic development opportunities, and identify appropriate campus resources.
- We will promote your accomplishments in the SPH-FYI, our website, and through social media.
- We will contact you as alumni to give back to future students and to the profession by serving on panels, attending networking events, and providing feedback regarding our curriculum.
- We also need your help; please let us know when you need help. We want you to succeed!
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Office of Academic Services at 817-735-0489, email email@example.com, or visit our office in the Carl E. Everett Education and Administration (EAD) building, 7th Floor, Room 716.