The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth (HSC) recognizes that some students may wish to be admitted to the School of Public Health (SPH) for the purpose of taking courses not necessarily leading to an advanced degree. SPH admits non-degree seeking students during the fall, spring and summer semesters.
Applicants to the Non-Degree program will fall under one of the following admissions categories:
- Non-Degree Admission: Accepted to take a maximum of 12 SCH
- Incomplete: Missing application materials.
Non-Degree Admission Requirements
Admission to the SPH as a non-degree seeking student may be granted subject to the following provisions:
- Applicant must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- The student in this status is required to receive credit in all graduate courses taken and must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
- A student who is admitted to non-degree status has no assurance that work completed under this status will be applicable toward degree requirements if he or she is subsequently admitted to a degree program at HSC. A maximum of 12 SCH may be taken. Completion of departmental graduate courses by non-degree students does not obligate SPH to grant admission to a degree program at a later date, unless all general and specific requirements for admission to that program have been met. Use of Transfer Credit policies are listed in the SPH Academic Policies and Procedures section of the catalog.
- International applicants requiring an F-1 student visa are not eligible for non-degree admission.
- To be considered for admission, the applicant must file the following official credentials with the SPH Office of Admissions:
- Application Fee
- Completed Application via SOPHAS Express (https://sophasexpress.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login)
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
Admissions Decisions and Deferments for Non-Degree Students
Applicants will be furnished written notification regarding their admission status by the HSC Office of Admissions. Statements by other HSC personnel concerning the applicant’s admissibility are not valid until confirmed in writing by the HSC Office of Admissions.
Applicants who are admitted as non-degree-seeking and plan to enroll are required to submit an Admissions Decision Form along with a non-refundable $200 assurance fee that will be used toward tuition upon arrival.
Information submitted in the application materials must be complete and correct. Prospective and current students must notify the proper institution officials regarding any changes in the information provided on their application. Falsification or omission of any information on the application documents will void a student’s admission, cancel their enrollment, and/or result in appropriate disciplinary action.
All materials submitted during the application process become the property of HSC and cannot be returned.